Greyfriars Bobby34 Candlemaker Row
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Dating from 1893 and located just outside the Greyfriars church graveyard, the pub is named after Edinburgh’s famous dog whose statue sits outside. Popular with tourists, there are two split level areas, both serving food from the Nicholson’s and 'Pie House' menus. There is live music after food service at weekends. Pictures of Edinburgh’s Old Town and people adorn the walls, some of which are wood panelled. Refurbished in early 2019, the main toilets are upstairs but the disabled one is on the restaurant level of the pub, entrance being via a fire door. Very much dominated by the restaurant area so it can be difficult to find a seat just for a drink. A small area has pavement tables for those who wish to take in the antics around the statue.