See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Single story stone inn, built in the 1600's, that is handy place to recover from a day on the Pentland hills. The lounge bar, with wood burning stove, has church pew seating and is decorated with Toby jugs and pictures. The attractive dining room has bare stone walls. An extensive range of food is served all day with smaller portions for pensioners, plenty of light bite options. A modern timber built extension is available for functions and overlooks the enclosed garden. Historians may be interested to know that that in 1666 the building was apparently used as a field hospital during the nearby battle of Ruillion Green where 3000 men of the Scottish Royal Army confronted 900 Covenanters. NOTE: Alcoholic drinks served from 11pm Sat and Sun. May close earlier if quiet.