Standing Order62-66 George St.
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Designed by David and John Bryce and built in 1874-78 as the head Edinburgh office of the Glasgow based Union Bank it is now a vast Wetherspoon pub. The large main bar has a superb high ceiling and polished granite pillars. There are three smaller rooms with tables for dining, the larger one partitioned and containing the old Chubb vault door. Toilets are situated on a lower level via a narrow staircase. The changing real ales are from breweries UK wide. It can be very busy at peak times. NOTE: Alcoholic drinks are served from 9am (11 Sun).