Navaar House Hotel23 Bog Road
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
A lively pub with a strong community spirit, situated in an old private house, built circa 1895 for Professor James Ewart, where he conducted his world famous work into animal hybrids, the 'Pennycuik Experiments'. See picture of commentative plaque on the outside wall. The large bar is open plan with a log/coal stove, TV screens and pool table. A pleasantly decorated restaurant serves locally sourced food, available all day on Saturday and Sunday. Children are permitted in the bistro and garden only. There is also a small lounge by the bistro. Dogs are allowed in the bar and in dedicated area within the restaurant. NOTE: The bar opens at 3pm Mon-Fri but real ale can still be enjoyed in the Bistro and lounge before then.